The iCub Summer School, "Veni Vidi Vici", serves to consolidate and disseminate skills in software engineering for humanoid robots. Our goal is to foster collaboration on robot software across the boundaries and lifetimes of specific platforms and projects.
The school focuses on humanoid robotics and will host at least two iCub and a COMAN robot. Students will receive an initial training on the software infrastructure (middleware and tools) and will be required to work on a project of their choice. All participants are expected to be competent C/C++ programmers with an interest in working with others (and an agenda of their own).
The school schedule will be organized flexibly around informal tutorials from participants on modules they are working on or interested in.
The school is structured as a series of hands-on practical laboratory sessions, and informal talks. Two full iCub humanoids and a COMAN will be available for participants to work with. We will have a dedicated local network, with wireless. Participants are expected to bring their own laptop.
Motor control, robot design, image processing, communication, software engineering, machine learning, free software, open-source hardware.
This year the school will be hosted on the Italian Riviera, at the Fondazione Mediaterraneo in Sestri Levante.
We begin the school in the morning of Wednesday July 22nd and finish in the evening of Friday, July 31st 2015 (with people leaving during Saturday, August 1st 2015). Sunday the 26th will be a free day (individual participants may choose an alternate free day).
The summer school registration fee is 1450 euro. Payment can be made either by bank transfer or credit card. This fee includes:
- Accommodation for 11 nights in rooms shared by groups of 2 to 4 participants. Room allocation based on gender.
- Dinner for 11 nights.
- Lunch and coffee breaks for the 9 school days (no catering available at school on Sunday, although the venue will still be open for the enthusiastic).
- Attendance at the school itself.
How to apply
Those who would like to participate should email their name, affiliation, and a CV (or relevant website URL) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June the 15th.
Places are limited.
Your application will be acknowledged within two business days, and notification of placement will be made on June 16th. If placed, you will be expected to register and pay by July 1st.
- VVV '14 (school wiki, participants)
- VVV '13 (school wiki, participants)
- VVV '12 (school wiki, participants)
- VVV '11 (school wiki, participants)
- VVV '10 (school wiki, participants)
- VVV '09 (school wiki, participants)
- VVV '08 (school wiki, participants)
- VVV '07 (school wiki, participants)
- VVV '06 (school wiki, participants)